Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Impact of Your Digital Footprint

After taking this course, I have learned a lot of useful tips, resources, and laws on how to interact, and use the web as a tool at school, and in my teaching. I believe the most significant learning I had from this course was when I learned about "Digital Footprints." Honestly, I never even heard that term before this course. It was very interesting to hear how much the world wide web can impact our daily lives, what we did in the past, and what we will do in the present and future. For instance, when you're a teenager, you aren't really thinking about what you write or post on Twitter. All you want to do is show how "cool" or "awesome" you are...etc. Looking back, I feel like it would have benefited me a lot in middle and high school to be told about the impact your digital footprint can have on your life. I guess, the internet wasn't a NECESSITY like it is nowadays. After taking this course, now I will know to teach my students the importance of what you post and write on the internet. I will go over this terminology with them and use it as a teaching tool. Before taking this course I went over the basics, now I know more strategies and details that can be explained to them. Being mindful of what you put out there, may "make or brake" your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment